Saturday, April 26, 2008

How this Back Brace Blog Started





How this happened. It's getting late so I am going to start this and finish it later so be sure to come back and read the rest. I went to Soda Springs in the Sierra Mountains. There was an intertube run there where you slide down the snow in an intertube. It's not easier when you get older (over 40) I think this could happen to someone under 20 also. Yes I had the bright idea to try this. In order to go down the hill you have to go up the hill first. In order to do this you have to get on a lift. Now I know why they had me sign that release of liability. Well it's not quite a lift. You sit on an intertube. That's right an intertube! Then a hook comes swooping down and around and hooks through a hook attached to the intertube. The intertube is then snatched up and snapped around. Guess what, you are snapped around as well. At least your rear is snapped around while your upper body stays stationary. After this the next thing you hear is a snap and you feel a crunch in your back and or neck and you then realize that this was not a good idea and what just happened is definitely not the good and exciting event that you thought it would be (however in the back of your mind you suspected this might happen). Why did the ski resort have me sign that release? Oh, now I know!

I may discuss how the pain developed and led to my first brace. Please leave a post or comment and come back. Thanks visiting. This in meant to be an informative blog of what people that need to wear back, neck, back neck body and other orthopedic braces encounter on routine and daily basis as well as what does and does not assist with the situations that present themselves in wearing such braces. The most important thing – Keep your sense of humor! - That is Einstein at the top smiling at this adventure.

No comments: